Hi-Tec Solar Warranty Package
Hi-Tec Solar works with these companies to provide the most protection and value for your solar powered home. These warranties are always available to review online to ensure you understand and have regular access to your warranty.
25-Year Insurance Backed Warranty
In addition to our comprehensive Warranty Terms, Boviet Solar has purchased product warranty insurance to “back – stop” our product warranty. This insurance applies to our Limited Warranty and covers PV Modules against Product Defect and Performance output. This insurance program is purchased through our program manager PowerGuard Specialty Insurance Services, and insured by two reputable insurance comapnies:
- International Insurance Company of Hannover SE (A.M. Best Rating: A+ XV)
- RSUI Indemnity Company (A.M. Best Rating A+ XIII)
Boviet Solar customers whose panels have been registered by us, will enjoy a global, irrevocable and immediate insurance backed warranty which provides third-party rights to insurance in case of insolvency or bankruptcy.
- Immediate coverate (no waiting period)
- 25 – year non-cancellable term (even if Boviet Solar becomes insolvent or bankrupt)
- A.M. Best Rated A XIII or better reputable insurance underwriters (enhanced bankability)
- Insurance Program insures Boviet Solar’s Limited Warranty, including PV Modules against Product Defect and Performance output.
- Third – Party policy rights (satisfies investors / bankers requirements)
- For models sold and reported for the policy period of October 20, 2016 to October 20, 2017.
Please contact Boviet Solar’s Customer Service should you have any questions. In the unlikely event that Boviet Solar becomes insolvent, please contact claims@powerguardins,com for claims handling.
Serial number registration can be verified by simply visiting the PowerGuard’s Solar Panel Program Warranty Verification on which you will be able to input Solar Panel serial numbers to verify that they have been reported and are eligible for coverage per the terms of Boviet Solar’s module manufacturer’s policy.
Enphase Energy Limited Warranty – United States, United States Territories, and Canada
This Enphase Energy, Inc. (“Enphase”) limited warranty (“Limited Warranty”) covers defects in workmanship and materials of the following Enphase products for the applicable warranty periods (each a “Warranty Period”) set out below:
- IQ7, IQ7 Plus, IQ7X, IQ6, IQ6 Plus, M215/250, S230/280 Microinverter: 25 years commencing on the earlier of (i) 4 months from the date the product is shipped from Enphase and (ii) the installation of the product at the original end-user location (“Original Location”).
- C250 Microinverter: 10 or 20 years (dependent upon product SKU) commencing on the earlier of
- 4 months from the date the product is shipped from Enphase and (ii) the installation of the product at the Original
- Envoy: 2 years commencing on the earlier of (i) 4 months from the date the product is shipped from Enphase and (ii) the installation of the product at the Original Location.
- IQ Envoy, IQ Combiner 3, IQ Combiner+, IQ Combiner, IQ Commercial Envoy, Q Aggregator, Q Commercial Aggregator, Envoy-S Standard, Envoy-S Metered, Mobile Connect, Consumption CT, AC Combiner Box: 5 years commencing on the earlier of (i) 4 months from the date the product is shipped from Enphase and (ii) the installation of the product at the Original
Except as set forth above, this Limited warranty applies only to products installed in the United States, United States territories (including Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Guam), and Canada. During the Warranty Period, the Limited Warranty is transferable to a different owner (“Transferee”) as long as the product remains at the Original Location, the Transferee submits to Enphase a “Change of PV Ownership Form”, and pays the applicable Transfer Fee within 30 days from the date of transfer to the Transferee. This submission is a requirement for continued Limited Warranty coverage. The Transfer Fee is set forth in the Change of PV Ownership Form, and is subject to reasonable adjustment from time to time (as determined at Enphase’s discretion). The Change of PV Ownership Form and payment instructions are available at http://www.enphase.com/warranty.
During the Warranty Period, if Enphase establishes the existence of a defect that is covered by the Limited Warranty, Enphase will, at its option, either (1) repair or replace the product free of charge, or (2) issue a credit or refund for the product to the owner of the system in an amount up to its actual value at the time the owner notifies Enphase of the defect, as determined by Enphase.
If Enphase elects to repair or replace the product, Enphase will, at its option, use new and/or reconditioned parts or products of original or improved design. If Enphase repairs or replaces a product, the Limited Warranty continues on the repaired or replacement product for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or ninety (90) days from the date of receipt of Enphase’s return shipment of the repaired or replacement product, whichever is later. The Limited Warranty covers a replacement unit but does not include labor costs related to (1) un-installing the product or (2) if applicable, re-installing a repaired or replacement product. To the extent applicable, the Limited Warranty also covers the costs of shipping a repaired or replacement product from Enphase, via a non-expedited freight carrier selected by Enphase, to locations in United States, United States territories, and Canada. The Limited Warranty does not cover, and Enphase will not be responsible for, shipping damage or damage caused by mishandling by the freight carrier.
The Limited Warranty does not apply to, and Enphase will not be responsible for, any defect in or damage to any products: (1) that have been misused, neglected, tampered with, altered, or otherwise damaged, either internally or externally; (2) that have been improperly installed, operated, handled or used, including use under conditions for which the product was not designed, use in an unsuitable environment, or use in
- Ó 2018 Enphase Energy, Effective 2018-09 LGL-00007, 1.5
a manner contrary to the Enphase User Manual or applicable laws or regulations; (3) that have been subjected to fire, water, generalized corrosion, biological infestations, acts of nature, or input voltage that creates operating conditions beyond the maximum or minimum limits listed in the products specifications, including high input voltage from generators or lightning strikes; (4) that have been subjected to incidental or consequential damage caused by defects of other components of the solar system; (5) if the original identification markings (including trademark or serial number) of such products have been defaced, altered, or removed; or (6) for which the Trip Point Management (TPM) profile with either pre-loaded or pre-set functions has been altered, and such alteration of the profile causes the product to malfunction, fail, or fail to optimally perform. The Limited Warranty does not cover cosmetic, technical or design defects, or shortcomings which do not materially influence or affect energy production or degrade form, fit, or function of the products. The Limited Warranty does not cover costs related to the removal, installation or troubleshooting of the owner’s electrical systems. The Limited Warranty does not extend beyond the original cost of the products.
To obtain repair or replacement service, credit or refund (as applicable) under this Limited Warranty, the owner must comply with the Return Merchandise Authorization Procedure available at http://www.enphase.com/warranty.
Enphase expressly reserves the right to novate or assign its rights and obligations under this warranty agreement to a third party with the demonstrated expertise and requisite resources needed to effectively discharge the obligations hereunder.
THE LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY ENPHASE AND, WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, IS MADE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, SUFFICIENCY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY TECHNICAL OR OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED IN MANUALS OR OTHER DOCUMENTATION. IN NO EVENT WILL ENPHASE BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS OR EXPENSES HOWEVER ARISING, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ECONOMIC LOSSES OF ANY KIND, ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR ANY PERSONAL INJURY.
To the extent any implied warranties are required under applicable law to apply to the products, such implied warranties shall be limited in duration to the Warranty Period, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Some regions do not allow limitations or exclusions on implied warranties or on the duration of an implied warranty or on the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation(s) or exclusion(s) may not apply. This Limited Warranty gives the owner specific legal rights, and the owner may have other rights that may vary from region to region. The grant of this Limited Warranty by Enphase is conditioned upon agreement by the owner and any permitted Transferee to the terms, conditions and requirements herein.
LG Solar Module Limited Warranty
The limited warranties specified below (hereinafter “Limited Warranty”) apply to LG Solar Module models listed under Section 11 below (hereinafter “Module(s)”) sold by LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc. (hereinafter “LG”) and installed by a licensed contractor under applicable local and state laws, and extend only to the original end use purchaser and subsequent owner(s) of the location on which the Module(s) is originally installed (all such persons hereinafter referred to as “Customer”). The warranty start date (“Warranty Start Date“) shall be the date of purchase by the original end use purchaser. If the Customer is unable to provide adequate documentation of the original purchase, the Warranty Start Date shall be ninety (90) days after the Module(s) was manufactured.
1. 25 Years Limited Warranty for Module(s)
LG will, at its sole option, repair or replace the Module(s) if it proves to be defective in material or workmanship for a period ending 25 years from the Warranty Start Date under normal application, installation, use and service conditions.
2. 25 Years Limited Warranty for Power Output
LG warrants that for a period of five (5) year from Warranty Start Date the actual power output of the module will be no less than 95% of the labeled power output. From the 6th year, the warranty for power output will decline annually by 0.4% in each of the remaining 20 years, so that during 25th year, an actual output of at least 87.0% of the nameplate power output specified on the Module will be achieved. The power output values shall be those measured under LG’s standard test conditions as follows: (a) light spectrum of AM 1.5; (b) an irradiation of 1000 W per m2 and; (c) a cell temperature of 25 degrees centigrade at right angle irradiation.
If the Module does not meet the warranted power output levels set out above when measured by LG or by an independent measuring institute agreed to prior to testing by LG under standard test conditions (IEC 61215) taking into account a ±3% measurement tolerance range, LG will, at its sole and absolute discretion, either (i) repair the Module(s); (ii) supplement such deficiency in power by either: (a) providing additional Module(s) to the Customer, or (b) replacing the Module(s); or (iii) Refund the difference between guaranteed minimal power output and actual power output (measured under LG’s STC) multiplied by the then current market price of the Module(s) or a comparable model at the time of the Customer’s claim.
3. How this Limited Warranty Applies
The remedies set forth in this Limited Warranty shall be the sole and exclusive remedies, and the original warranty period in this Limited Warranty shall not extend beyond the period set forth therein, nor will a new warranty period begin, upon repair, replacement or pro-rated refund due to power loss at LG’s sole option provided under this Limited Warranty.
Repair or replacement will be made with new or re-manufactured Module(s) or parts and the replaced Module(s) or parts shall become the property of LG. In the event the Module(s) is no longer available, LG reserves the right, at its sole option, to deliver new or remanufactured Module(s) that may differ in size, color, shape, model number, and/or power level.
This Limited Warranty covers the transportation cost for reshipment of any repaired or replaced Module(s) to the Customer site, but does NOT cover the transportation cost and risk including shipping damage or loss for return of the Module(s) to LG or LG’s authorized agent and any other costs associated with installation, removal, or re-installation of the Module(s). If Module(s) returned to LG is found not to be defective or this Limited Warranty has expired, the Customer is responsible to pay for return shipping cost.
4. Limited Warranty Exclusions
4-1. This Limited Warranty does NOT apply to Module(s):
- Sold and/or installed outside the geographic territory of the United States and US territories;
- Sold AS IS or WITH ALL FAULTS or consumables; or
- That had a serial number or any part thereof altered, defaced or
4-2. This Limited Warranty also does NOT apply to Module(s) which have been subjected to:
- Damage and/or failure caused by use on a mobile unit including, but not limited to, vehicles, vessels, ;
- Damage and/or failure caused by non-compliance with national and local electric codes;
- Damage and/or failure caused by installations not in conformance with the Module(s) specifications, installation manuals , operation manuals, or labels attached to the Module(s);
- Damage and/or failure caused by improper wiring, installation, or handling;
- Damage and/or failure caused by devices and/or parts other than the Module(s) or by mounting methods of such devices and/or parts;
- Damage and/or failure caused by improper or incorrectly performed maintenance, operation or modification;
- Damage and/or failure caused by removal from the original place of installment;
- Damage and/or failure caused by repairs not in accordance with LG’s instructions;
- Damage and/or failure caused by inappropriate handling during storage, packaging or transportation;
- Damage and/or failure caused by external shock such as flying objects or external stress;
- Damage and/or failure caused by direct contact with environmental pollution such as soot, acid rain or industrial chemicals including ammonia;
- Damage and/or failure caused by direct contact with salt water;
- Damage and/or failure caused by natural forces (earthquakes, tornados, floods, lightning, hurricanes, heavy snow, ) and fire, power failures, power surges or other unforeseen circumstances that are beyond LG’s control;
- Damage and/or failure caused by terrorist acts, riots, war or other man-made disasters;
- Damage and/or failure caused by external stains or scratches that do not affect output;
- Damage and/or failure caused by sound, vibration, rust, scratching, or discolorations that are the result of normal wear and tear, aging or continuous use; or
- Damage and/or failure caused by Module(s) installed in a location that exceeds operating conditions.
5. Limitation of Warranty Scope
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THE MODULE(S) IS LIMITED IN DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LG BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST GOODWILL, LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, WORK STOPPAGE, MODULE(S) FAILURE, IMPAIRMENT OF OTHER GOODS, COSTS OF REMOVAL AND REINSTALLATION OF THE MODULE(S), LOSS OF USE, INJURY TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OR RELATED TO THE MODULE(S). LG’S TOTAL LIABILITY, IF ANY, DAMAGES OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE INVOICE VALUE PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE MODULE(S) OR SERVICE(S) FURNISHED, WHICH IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM OR DISPUTE.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES THE CUSTOMER SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS; CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
- Assertion of Claims
The assertion of claims under this Limited Warranty presupposes that the Customer has (i) informed the authorized reseller/distributor of our Module(s) in writing of the alleged claim, or that; (ii) this written notification has-been sent directly to the address stated in Section 7 below in the event that the authorized reseller/distributor no longer exists (e.g. due to discont inuance of business or bankruptcy). Any such assertion of claims must be accompanied by the original sales receipt as the proof of purchas e and time of purchase of LG Module(s). The assertion of the claim must occur within thirty (30) days from the date that the claim is identified. The return of Module(s) may only occur after the written authorization of LG has been given.
7. Obtaining Warranty Performance
Customers who believe they have a justified claim covered by this Limited Warranty must immediately notify the authorized LG representative, or contact LG directly by writing to:
LG Electronics U.S.A. Inc.
Solar Business Team
1000 Sylvan Ave. Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer may also contact LG via its web-site at www.lgsolarusa.com.
Solar Edge Limited Product Warranty
This SolarEdge Technologies Ltd. Limited Warranty covers defects in workmanship and materials of the below-listed products for the applicable warranty period set out below:
- Power optimizers: 25 years commencing on the earlier of: (i) 4 months from the date the power optimizers are shipped from SolarEdge; and (ii) the installation of the power optimizers, provided, however, that for the
module embedded power optimizers (CSI and OPJ models), the Warranty Period shall not exceed the maximum of (1) the module product warranty and (2) the module power warranty periods provided by the applicable module manufacturer.
- Inverters, Safety & Monitoring Interface (SMI), Auto-transformer, GSM Cellular Modem: 12* years commencing on the earlier of: (i) 4 months from the date the products are shipped from SolarEdge; and (ii) the installation of the
- StorEdge Interface: 10 years commencing on the earlier of: (i) 4 months from the date the Interfaces are shipped from SolarEdge; and (ii) the installation of the
- Home Gateway, Control and Communication Gateway, Firefighter Gateway, Wireless Communication Products excluding GSM Cellular Modem, RS485 Expansion Kit, SolarEdge Meter, Smart Monitoring Combiner Box: 5 years commencing on the earlier of: (i) 4 months from the date the product is shipped from SolarEdge; and (ii) the installation of the product. Warranty duration of wireless communication products is the same whether or not the product is pre-installed in the
* In some countries the inverter warranty is limited to 7 years. For a list of these countries please access http://www.solaredge.com/warranty_exceptions
The Limited Warranty does not apply to components which are separate from the Products, ancillary equipment and consumables, such as, for example, cables, fuses, wires and connectors, whether supplied by SolarEdge or others. Some components may carry their own manufacturer warranty. See product datasheet for more details. In addition, for all power optimizers with a part number ending in C, the SolarEdge warranty does not apply to the input connector.
The Limited Warranty only applies to the buyer who has purchased the Products from an authorized seller of SolarEdge for use in accordance with their intended purpose. The Limited Warranty may be transferred from buyer to any assignee, and will remain in effect for the time period remaining under the foregoing warranties, provided that the Products are not moved outside its original country of installation and any reinstallation is done in accordance with the installation directions and use guidelines accompany the Products (collectively the “Documentation”).
If, during the applicable Warranty Period, buyer discovers any defect in workmanship and materials and seeks to activate the Limited Warranty, then buyer shall, promptly after such discovery, report the defect to SolarEdge by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information: (i) a short description of the defect, (ii) the Product’s serial number, and (iii) a scanned copy of the purchase receipt or warranty certificate of the applicable Product.
Upon buyer’s notification, SolarEdge shall determine whether the reported defect is eligible for coverage under the Limited Warranty. The Product’s serial number must be legible and properly attached to the Product in order to be eligible for Warranty coverage. If SolarEdge determines that the reported defect is not eligible for coverage under the Limited Warranty, SolarEdge will notify buyer accordingly and will explain the reason why such coverage is not available. If SolarEdge determines that the reported defect is eligible for coverage under the Limited Warranty, SolarEdge will notify buyer accordingly, and SolarEdge may, in its sole discretion, take any of the following actions:
- repair the Product at SolarEdge’s facilities or on-site; or
- issue a credit note for the defective Product in an amount up to its actual value at the time buyer notifies SolarEdge of the defect, as determined by SolarEdge, for use toward the purchase of a new Product; or
- provide Buyer with replacement units for the
SolarEdge will determine whether the Product should be returned to SolarEdge and, if SolarEdge so determined, the Return Merchandise Authorization (“RMA”) Procedure (set out below) will be invoked. Where replacement Products are sent, SolarEdge generally sends such
products within 48 hours. SolarEdge may use new, used or refurbished parts that are at least functionally equivalent to the original part when making warranty repairs. The repaired Product or replacement parts or Product, as applicable, shall continue to be covered under the Limited Warranty for the remainder of the then-current Warranty Period for the Product.
Where the RMA Procedure is invoked by SolarEdge, SolarEdge will instruct buyer how to package and ship the Product or part(s) to the designated location. SolarEdge will bear the cost of such shipment, upon receipt of the Product or part(s), SolarEdge will, at its expense and sole discretion, either repair or replace the Product or part(s).
SolarEdge will deliver the repaired or replaced Product or part(s) to buyer at buyer’s designated location in countries where SolarEdge has an office and/or there is a significant PV market. For the specific list of countries to which such service is provided, please access http://www.solaredge.com/articles/shipping_cost_coverage_warranty. SolarEdge will bear the cost of such shipment, including shipping and customs (where applicable) and buyer shall bear any applicable value added tax. SolarEdge may elect to ship replacement Product and/or part(s) prior to receipt of the Product and/or part(s) to be returned to SolarEdge as per the above.
Where SolarEdge decides to repair the Product or part(s), warranty coverage includes labor and material costs necessarily incurred to correct the Product defect; and where SolarEdge decides to replace the Product or part(s) to which the Limited Warranty applies, warranty coverage includes the cost of the replacement of the Product or part(s). In addition, SolarEdge shall bear shipping costs in respect to the foregoing, as set out above. All other costs, including, without limitation, travel and boarding costs of SolarEdge service personnel that are incurred for repairs of Products on-site, as well as costs related to buyer’s employees and contractors repair or replacement activities, are not covered by the Limited Warranty and, unless otherwise agreed in writing in advance by SolarEdge, shall be borne by the buyer.
Warranty Exclusions: This Limited Warranty will not apply if (a) buyer is in default under the General Terms and Conditions of other Agreement governing the purchase of the Product, or (b) the Product or any part thereof is:
- damaged as a result of misuse, abuse, accident, negligence or failure to maintain the Product;
- damaged as a result of modifications, alterations or attachments thereto which were not pre-authorized in writing by SolarEdge;
- damaged due to the failure to observe the applicable safety regulations governing the proper use of the Product;
- installed or operated not in strict conformance with the Documentation, including without limitation, not ensuring sufficient ventilation for the Product as described in SolarEdge installation guide;
- opened, modified or disassembled in any way without SolarEdge’s prior written consent;
- used in combination with equipment, items or materials not permitted by the Documentation or in violation of local codes and standards;
- damaged or rendered non-functional as a result of power surges, lightning, fire, flood, pest damage, accident, action of third parties, or other events beyond SolarEdge’s reasonable control or not arising from normal operating conditions; or
- damaged during or in connection with shipping or transport to or from buyer where buyer arranges such shipping or
This Limited Warranty does not cover cosmetic or superficial defects, dents, marks or scratches, which do not influence the proper functioning of the Product.
THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET OUT HEREIN ARE IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED BY BUYER FROM SOLAREDGE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL (INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Claims by buyer that go beyond the warranty terms set out herein, including claims for compensation or damages, are not covered by the Limited Warranty, insofar as SolarEdge is not subject to statutory liability. In such cases, please contact the company that sold you the Product. Eventual claims in accordance with the law on product liability remain unaffected.
Coverage under the Limited Warranty is subject to buyer complying with the foregoing notification requirements and cooperating with SolarEdge’s directions. SolarEdge’s sole obligation and buyer’s exclusive remedy for any defect warranted hereunder is limited to those actions expressly stated above. Such actions are final and do not grant any further rights, in particular with respect to any claims for compensation.
Unless otherwise specified in an executed Agreement with SolarEdge, the Limited Warranty and related provisions set out herein are subject to SolarEdge’s General Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, the provisions thereof, which relate to disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability and governing law and jurisdiction.
Revised: June 2016
Sunmodule 25-Year Limited Warranty
By purchasing the solar modules identified in Section J below (hereafter referred to as: “products”) from SolarWorld Americas Inc. (“SolarWorld”), you have chosen a level of quality that meets SolarWorld’s high standards. Use of the products in accordance with regulations will reliably maintain their function to produce electricity (hereinafter referred to as: “functional capability”) as well as reliably maintaining the performance of the products. As a sign of our confidence in this quality, SolarWorld is happy to grant you (the end-user who first put the products into operation correctly or the person who has purchased the products from such an end-user during the warranty term) a 25-Year Limited Warranty under the terms and conditions below:
A – Limited 20-year product warranty:
- SolarWorld warrants to the end user that the products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty lasts for twenty (20) years from the date of purchase. Subject to the conditions contained in this warranty, SolarWorld specifically warrants that:
- the glass will not cloud or discolor;
- the cable and connector plug will function, if they are installed professionally and not positioned in
- the aluminum frames will not suffer damage due to
B – Limited 25-year performance guarantee:
- SolarWorld warrants to the end user that the actual output of the product, as measured by SolarWorld, will amount to at least 97% of its initial effective output during the first year after purchase of the product, and as of the second year after purchase of the product, the effective output will decline annually by no more than 0.7%
for a period of 24 years, so that as of the end of the 25th year after purchase, an actual output of at least 80.2% of effective output will be achieved.
C – What SolarWorld Will Do:
- 20-Year Product Warranty: If the product exhibits a covered defect that affects its functional capability during this 20-year warranty period, SolarWorld will (at SolarWorld’s discretion) either (a) repair the defective product; (b) supply a replacement product; or (c) pay the end-user the then-current market value of the
- 25-Year Performance Guarantee: If the threshold output values are not met in any year during the first 15 years of the 25-year term, SolarWorld will (at SolarWorld’s discretion) either (a) repair the defective product or (b) supply a replacement product. Between the 16th and 25th year of coverage, SolarWorld may (at SolarWorld’s discretion) either (a) repair the defective product; (b) supply a
replacement product; or (c) pay the end-user the then-current market value of the product.
- Replacement products: If replacement products are supplied, SolarWorld may provide used and/or repaired products at SolarWorld’s discretion.
D – Conditions for Warranty Service:
- SolarWorld, in its sole discretion, will determine whether the product warranty under paragraph A or the performance guarantee under paragraph B applies to your
- The performance guarantee under paragraph B expires after 25 years from the date the product was first purchased and will not be extended even in the event of a repair or exchange of a
- SolarWorld will verify the effective output and the actual output of the products using standard test conditions, as described under IEC 60904. The decisive measurement of performance will be carried out by a recognized measuring institute or through SolarWorld’s own measurements (in accordance with EN 50380).
- If a defective product is exchanged for a replacement product, SolarWorld will own the defective product upon receiving
- The warranty terms described in paragraphs A and B each begin on the date of the original purchase of the product, insofar as the product was purchased by the original end-user after January 1, For products purchased before this date, please contact your installer or SolarWorld at the address in Section H for the applicable warranty.
- Warranty service is unavailable if the manufacturer’s labels or serial numbers on the products have been changed, deleted, peeled off or made
E – How to get service:
To obtain warranty service, you must inform the authorized seller/dealer of the product of the alleged defect in writing. If that seller/dealer no longer exists, you may send this written notification to the address in Section
- You must include the original sales receipt (as evidence of the time of the purchase of the SolarWorld products) with any warranty claim. The claim must be made within six weeks of your discovery of the defect. After submitting a claim, SolarWorld will provide you with a questionnaire to determine the source of the defect. If SolarWorld determines that the defect is covered under this warranty, it will issue a return authorization.
You must obtain a return authorization from SolarWorld before shipping any products to SolarWorld. Warranty service does not include
transportation costs to return the products or new delivery of repaired or replacement products. It also does not cover the costs of troubleshooting, diagnosis, removal, installation or reinstallation of products. Removal of the products must be performed in accordance with applicable local codes and SolarWorld installation instructions.
F – Exclusions:
- Warranty service is available only if the product is properly assembled, used, operated and maintained in accordance with all applicable local codes and SolarWorld installation instructions. The 20-year warranty and 25-year guarantee do not apply in the following cases:
- Defects caused by improper storage, transportation, handling, installation, assembly, operation or maintenance not in accordance with SolarWorld specifications and manuals, either by you, an installer or
- Improper or incorrectly performed exchange, repair or any modification of the
- Failure caused by neglect, abuse, misuse or improper upkeep and maintenance.
- Damage to the cable caused by abrasion on a rough surface due to insufficient fixing or unprotected running of the cable over sharp edges.
- Damage to the preexisting customer system or incompatibility of the products with the customer’s preexisting system
- Use of products on mobile units such as vehicles or water
- Dirt or debris on the
- Damage caused by smoke, salt, or other chemicals or corrosive substances.
- Damage or failures caused by external factors (including weather, animals, vandalism, accidents and the like).
- Scratches, stains, mechanical wear, rust, mold, optical deterioration, discoloration and other changes that occurred after delivery that
do not affect product performance, other than discoloration of the glass.
- Force Majeure events such as flooding, fire, explosions, falling rocks, lightning strikes or other extreme weather conditions such as hail, hurricanes, whirlwinds, sandstorms, and other circumstances outside the control of
25-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY Valid from May 1, 2018
G – Exclusive remedy; disclaimer; limitation of liability:
The remedies set forth in this Limited Warranty are the sole and exclusive remedies available to you as a product purchaser. SolarWorld shall not be liable for damage, injury or loss arising out of or related to a product except as set forth in this Limited Warranty. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SOLARWORLD BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES TO ANY STRUCTURE OR ITS CONTENTS) IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH A PRODUCT, EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOLARWORLD’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY,
IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO A PRODUCT’S PURCHASE PRICE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OF ANY LIMITED WARRANTY REMEDY.
H – Your contacts:
To receive service under this Limited Warranty, please contact the authorized seller/dealer of your product or SolarWorld at the following addresses:
Customer Service SolarWorld Americas Inc.
4050 NE Evergreen Road, Hillsboro, OR, 97124, USA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (855) 467 6527 Fax: (503) 844 3403
I – Choice of law; disputes:
This Limited Warranty, including without limitation the rights and responsibilities granted hereunder, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon, without regard to the conflicts of law provisions thereof.
By purchasing, installing and using the product(s), you agree that all controversies arising out of, or relating in any way to this Limited Warranty shall be resolved by arbitration, using a panel of three (3) arbitrators, under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association, in Portland, Oregon, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in force. Any such arbitration shall be conducted and resolved on an individual basis only and not on a class- wide, multiple plaintiff, consolidated, or similar basis. You understand and agree that you are waiving rights to seek remedies in court, including the
right to a jury trial, and that you are waiving the right to pursue a claim as a class action or by class or multi-party arbitration. In the event any term or provision of this paragraph shall to any extent be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this provision shall be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, including without limitation any claim that all or any part of this Agreement is void or voidable.
J – Validity:
The following table contains all the current products to which this Limited Warranty is to be applied. Products that do not appear in this list are not covered by this Limited Warranty.
Sunmodule / Sunmodule Plus / Sunmodule Bisun XL
- Sunmodule Plus SWA xxx mono
- Sunmodule Plus SWA xxx poly
- Sunmodule Bisun SWA xxx XL duo
- Sunmodule SWA xxx XL mono
xxx stands for power values up to 360 W.
Products with “SW” in their name sold after the effective date are covered by this policy.
The type designation can be followed by laminate/black/clear.
K – Exclusion of liability; state laws:
SOLARWORLD LIMITS THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. THE WARRANTY AND REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS, ORAL OR
WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state-to- state. Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of damages, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
L – Severability; entire warranty:
If any provision of this Limited Warranty is held unenforceable or illegal by a court or other body of competent jurisdiction, such provisions shall be modified to the minimum extent required such that the rest of this Limited Warranty will continue in full force and effect. This document contains the entire warranty, liability and obligation of SolarWorld with respect to the products and may not be altered or modified other than in writing signed by an authorized representative of SolarWorld. It may not be altered by any wholesaler, dealer, or contractor.
Hillsboro, May 1, 2018
SolarWorld Americas Inc.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing SolarWorld Americas Inc.